Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Antilogies

artwork by Peter Breughel


My life is filled with the stories of life and death. Stories of running away, and wandering back; of angels, and demons; of leaving everything behind, and gathering up what is left behind. Mine is a story of defeat and victory, of rising and waking, of joy, and aching. Mine are stories of falling down... Again, and again, yet rising over and over, of being torn apart, and broken. Mine is a breath breathed from the edge of time, and lived within moments. I am the vision of some great and glorious presence. I was abandoned yet not forsaken. I wandered the wilderness, and found the fortress.
Who am I if not love? Who am I if not redemption, if not hope, if not forgiveness? Who am I if not life? Then I am pride, then I am grief, despair. Then I am death.