Sunday, October 29, 2006

Surrendering Frailty

artwork by Frederic Edwin Church

Laying under the stars somehow absolves me of all doubts about life. I spent countless nights as a child laying in a cold field gazing up at the sky. I can still recall the surrender my soul always had, a releasing of practically everything frail. That same feeling I would have countless times on stage. Releasing myself to a song, and an audience, to the spiritual act of singing, and what it made me. Release. What a gift.
Tonight as I watched the stars in the heavens dance I knew no doubts. I know that my life will be as it should be. I know that I will be what I am made to be. I felt that surrender. I'm reminded that we are all spirit, our bodies will fade, and wither, and eventually return to dust, but our spirits will live on...Forever.
Tomorrow I enter my third decade of life. I know we don't understand time, that it's a continuum, a whole. Our concept of it biased by our knowledge of the orders of the universe, by existential reasoning. I may NEVER understand it fully, but I do understand that there is providence. I was simply placed within this moment, within these hours for some purpose, but it does not end here just as it did not begin here.